When you are suffering from a medical condition caused by bacteria, you may find that the doctor has prescribed you Zithromax. This is an antibiotic which is taken orally in order to fight and destroy bacteria in the body. Be that as it may, there are a few facts about this medicine you should know about before using it.
What Is Zithromax Used For?
Zithromax is the brand name for a drug known as azithromycin. It can be bought easily from drugstores like Canadian Pharmacy. It used to treat a variety of bacterial infections. Some of them are given below.
- skin infections;
- respiratory infections;
- ear infections;
- sexually transmitted diseases.
Precautions While Using Zithromax
There are some situations in which you cannot take Zithromax. This is also applicable for generic Zithromax and other varieties. For starters, you should not take this oral medication if you are known to have an allergy towards azithromycin or other related drugs like erythromycin and clarithromycin. If this medicine has ever caused liver problems and jaundice, then you must avoid it as well. In order to ensure the safety of this medicine for you, you need to inform your doctor if you have a medical history of the diseases given below.
- a heart rhythm disorder;
- kidney disease;
- Liver disease;
- myasthenia gravis;
- long QT syndrome.
How is Zithromax Meant to Be Used?
You should follow the exact prescription of the doctor while using this oral medication. Make sure all the directions given on the prescription are followed. You must avoid increasing or decreasing the dosage of the medicine on your own without the advice of the doctor. Ensure that you use it only as long as the doctor has advised.
Both, the brand variety and the generic Zithromax are available in the form of an oral suspension. Measure out the dose carefully with the right apparatus. Once measured, you can take the medicine orally. You can take it with food or without it. Food does not affect its performance.
It is certainly possible to experience one or more side effects while using this oral medication. If side effects do occur, you need to get medical help immediately to contain and get rid of the problems. Here are some of the side effects you need to watch out for:
- allergic Reactions: Hives, swelling of the facial region and throat, difficulty breathing.
- stomach Reactions: Severe pain in the stomach, bloody or watery diarrhea.
- liver Reactions: Pain in the upper stomach, loss of appetite, jaundice, dark urine, nausea, stools of a clay color.
- severe Skin Reactions: Sore throat, fever, burning eyes, swelling of the tongue or face, skin pain accompanied by reddish or purplish skin rash which ends up spreading. After spreading, the rash caused peeling and blistering.
- other Reactions: Headaches along with severe dizziness and chest pain. Fainting, rapid heartbeats are other possibilities.
Understanding the facts about any medicine is essential so that you can take the proper steps in using it in the safest manner possible.